List of services provided by the research group:
- Determination of the prokaryotic and fungal microbiome via NGS approaches in soil, plant, water and animal tissues for detection of pathogens or other important microorganisms including bioinformatic and statistical analysis of the data. Relevant projects: i) University of South Australia: Support in the bioinformatic and statistical analysis of NGS data
- Assessment of the population of soil borne fungal pathogens in agricultural soils with diagnostic qPCR tools. Relevant Industry-funded projects: i) Investigating the effect of a novel fumigant on the population of soil-borne pathogens via qPCR analysis. ii) Assessment of the levels of the most important soil-borne plant pathogens in soils from greenhouses in Western Peloponnese determined via q-PCR.
- Isolation, identification and genomic analysis of microorganism infecting plants and agricultural products
- Development of innovative biotechnological products based on microorganisms for the optimization of agricultural production (Arbuscular Mycorrhizal Fungi, Beneficial Endophytic Fungi). Relevant Industry-funded projects: i) Isolation of indigenous arbuscular mycorrhizal fungi and development of mycorrhizal inocula used for rhizosphere inoculations and the production of soil improvers (in collaboration with the SME FYTOTHREPTIKI S.A.). ii) Evaluation of arbuscular mycorrhizal fungi as a biotechnological tool for the optimization of P uptake by plants (in collaboration with the SME NATURA S.A.).
- Monitoring of the environmental fate of pesticides - Degradation, adsorption, leaching studies - Pesticide risk and exposure assessment. Relevant Industry-funded project: A survey of the degradation of the soil insecticide fipronil, fosthiazate, chlorpyrifos and ethroprophos in potato cultivation areas in Greece.
- Development of microbial inocula for use as starting inocula in wastewater treatment systems. Relevant Industrial projects: The development of a biological system for the treatment of wastewaters from the fruit packaging industry (in collaboration with POULIS S.A. and HYDROCHEMIKA)